2017 San Francisco Meditation Group -- Bolinas Retreat
You are cordially invited to attend the annual Fall retreat of the San Francisco Meditation Group on November 10th, 11th and 12th, 2017. The theme this year is "Loyalty". The retreat will take place at the Pacific House at the beautiful Commonweal Retreat Center in Bolinas, Marin County, CA. This site, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, is situated amidst some of natures most beautiful and peaceful scenery, which is especially conducive to a spiritual retreat. We will be having a silent retreat and ask for silence within the immediate vicinity of Pacific House. Please be aware of your voice when communicating on the grounds.
* Separate accommodations are arranged for men and women. The beds are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
* Each room can accommodate two people, but there is only one bed. Please bring a sleeping bag and pad and be prepared to sleep on the floor if necessary.
* If the rooms fill up, people can sleep in the common room on the first floor.
WHAT IS PROVIDED:
* Friday Night Light Meal
* Saturday and Sunday Light Breakfast for overnight retreatants.
* Saturday Potluck Vegetarian Dinner (The Pacific House offers a full kitchen but limited space).
* Sunday Lunch (leftovers from the Saturday night dinner).
* Access to the Commonweal grounds through Sunday afternoon (the retreat closes after lunch, but you may remain on the grounds through the afternoon).
WHAT TO BRING:
* Bag Lunch for Saturday.
* Vegetarian Dish (salad, hot/cold entrée, or dessert) for the Potluck Dinner Saturday night.
* All food should be prepared in advance to minimize kitchen activity due to space limitations. Please leave your dish in the refrigerator under the kitchen counter and the volunteers will take care the rest!
* If staying overnight, you will need a sleeping bag and pad (or bedding for sleeping on the couch cushions downstairs), and personal items; towels are provided.
* Warm clothing and rain gear are advised.
* Slippers if you like; shoes are not worn in the retreat house.
DIRECTIONS & ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS:
* Saturday Attendees: please arrive no later than 9:30 am for group Energization Exercises.
* Travel time from the Golden Gate Bridge is approximately 40 minutes.
* When you arrive at the Commonweal entrance road, please follow the posted signs to Pacific House. Note that other groups may be occupying buildings along this drive. Please do not disturb them.
* Friday through Sunday (2 nights) -- $175
* Saturday and Sunday (1 night) -- $95
* Saturday (day only) -- $65
* The retreat is available for all SRF devotees regardless of ability to meet the suggested contribution.
* Limited scholarships are available.
Retreat Coordinator: James Michel -- (415) 239-4949 -- firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you will plan to join us in meditation and spiritual fellowship as we combine our efforts to commune with God.
In Divine Friendship,
San Francisco Meditation Group
Commonweal Retreat Center (View)
451 Mesa Road
Bolinas, CA 94924